LM Leadership and management
- Leading and planning teaching and learning for a group of students
- Management and supervision of your support workers.
- Management of Health & Safety procedures and risk assessments for your activities and students
- Provision of and care for the material resources needed for the work of your group
- Be accountable for your performance and contribute to the College self-assessment framework
T&L Teaching and Learning
- To be accountable for the development, delivery and assessment of individual study programmes
- Fully embed functional skills, British values and ensure that students have access to independent advice and guidance about careers and their next steps.
- Be familiar with your student Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP) and provide summative progress reports and evidence to support your judgements
OfL Outcomes for learners
- Assessment, evaluation and recording of the progress and achievement of your students against their learning targets using agreed RARPA systems
- To be accountable for the student centred development of a personal learning journal and skills portfolio
Pdbw Personal development, behaviour and welfare
- Establish positive relationships with learners, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs.
- Work together with members of staff in all areas of the organisation to achieve best results for learners
- Teaching and Learning
- In line with the Curriculum, develop a syllabus of learning activities for your focused work area
- Be accountable for how this fits into the study programme
- Develop a Scheme of Work for each half term
- Develop and maintain Session Plans for your teaching area
- Organise and support off site learning activities
- Provide guidance to support students’ learning
- Review with the student and others progress of the study programme and suggest changes or additions
- Develop resources as needed for T&L
- Plan delivery, assessment and evidence capture with EHCP outcomes in mind.
- Follow RARPA procedures for the assessment and recording of student achievement and progress against their individual learning targets
- As guided by the Curriculum delivery manager, be accountable for integrating the teaching of functional skills, personal communication strategy and British values in core activities and record outcomes against targets.
- Provide written reports for student reviews also verbal feedback to colleagues
- Attend, contribute to and when required chair, internal and external reviews
- Plan assessment and evidence capture with EHCP outcomes in mind.
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare
- Communicate concerns to tutors and student welfare managers
- Record ‘events’ and ‘incidents’ as appropriate
- Assess the potential of prospective students
- Uphold the safeguarding and promotion of all learners at all times
- Participate in and help to organise or contribute to the cultural life of the Community including and supporting and encouraging students to do so.
- Arrange and supervise your students at tea breaks and cultural/festival events
- Provide induction and ongoing training
- Instruct and give direction as necessary
- Assess and agree student support and wellbeing requirements Include your support workers with the process of planning and evaluation of sessions
- Report on their performance for ‘supervision’
Programme and course delivery
- Be accountable for and provide evidence as requested for college self-assessment.
- Complete regular course review and assessment and undertake and report improvement work as needed
- Responsibility for Health & Safety Procedures
- Be aware of and respond to the health and safety needs of individual students and support staff
- Undertake environmental risk assessments in and around your work areas both on and off site
- Develop and maintain safe working practices
- Ensure that safety equipment and protective clothing is available as needed and kept in good order
- Assess and provide control for substances that are hazardous
- Work Area Resources
- Organise and acquire the necessary material supplies for your work sessions
- Maintain and care for the equipment that you use
- Manage your budget allocation for supplies
Your role also requires that you
Attend or report to professional meetings as required.
Return reports and other written information on time and by the requested deadlines
Participate in the sharing of information about students with other colleagues, carers, therapists and teachers.
Participate in Training and Development days
Register with the SET and record your CPD with the SET
Participate in supervision and appraisal
Attend and contribute to the Advent and Summer Fairs
Training that is necessary to your work
Health & Safety
Specialist Medical responses
Equality and Diversity
Qualifications, Qualities and Skills necessary to your work
Relevant teaching qualifications
Experience with learning disabilities
Administration and IT skills
Communication and social skills
Experience of managing teams of people
Practical experience of and enthusiasm for the work and a willingness to share this with others
Willingness to continue professional development and training to gain further understanding and insight into working with and supporting students with special educational needs and disabilities.
An understanding of and support for the principles and values that underpin the social and cultural life of Camphill Wakefield
Download the person specifications here